Linking up with the lovely Kelly for some #7QT fun!
1. We bought a house! Yay! We move in June and could NOT be more excited.
2. The house has a lot of oak woodwork. Like, a ridiculous amount. Please, look at that amount of woodwork.On no planet will I be found painting said woodwork white, even though Pinterest tells me that NO ONE lives in a house with non-white woodwork. Instead I’ll be trying to make at least one room look presentable enough to post a single post to Pinterest to encourage others that you can keep your woodwork and still have a house that doesn’t look like it’s stuck in the early 90’s.
3. Don’t hold your breath while waiting for the decorating post mentioned above – I’ve never painted a room, and the only furniture I’ve ever purchased is a coffee table that I bought from Salvation army and left in its original, and very imperfect state. Don’t worry though – I have had the table for 3 years and have about 78 different articles pinned for how I can change it into something FABULOUS. So the odds that I’ll be able to turn our oak-ridden house into something Pinterest worthy with no examples is exactly….0.
The weather here has been gorgeous and since Kateri prefers to do one 3 hour nap in the morning and no naps in the afternoon we’ve been spending a LOT of time at local parks. It’s been SO much fun and I already have more color this year than I did all of last year. Rock on weather.
5. Our little lady has figured out how to climb stairs, sit down, go down the slide, and get off of the slide all on her own. This makes afternoons at the park make mama’s back hurt a *little* bit less.
7. We have an awesome friend who is a Jesuit, and who writes for the Jesuit Post. Dan just published an excellent article on the Cristo Rey model of schools (schools that partner with businesses to help kids work one day a week and pay for their tuition). Check him (and the Jesuit Post) out for some great reflections!